Plasko's Farm originated in 1925 by the first generation immigrants from Czechoslovakia, Martin and Mary Plasko. Martin was only 16 when he arrived to the United States a century ago. He worked on an oyster boat in Norwalk for about 10 years before saving enough money to buy the land in Trumbull where he and his wife Mary would raise their family. The farm was continued by the next generation, John and Pauline Plasko. They established the 8-acre farm on Daniels Farm Road in 1952, where it continues to stand today, as well as 20 acres of farmland on Roosevelt Drive.In 1997, John and Pauline Plasko, along with the third generation, John Plasko Jr., rebuilt and expanded the farm to not only its original purpose of farming the produce and sweet corn, but also to include a full nursery, country store, and bakery. With the intention to preserve the historic flavor of the community, they tore down the old chicken coop and replaced it with an old fashioned barn that is now a country store and bakery.Plasko's Farm is the last remaining fully operating farm in Trumbull, CT.The Plasko Family believes in giving back to the community by working in conjunction with a charitable organization 'Swim across the Sound,' benefiting cancer survivors and/or their families who have been affected by the disease with educational programs and research.